Enjoy our favorite Taylor Swift quotes and lyrics plus celebrate the release of her album Folklore.
Taylor has millions of fans that have followed her as she has evolved over the years. Each album has its own unique flavor and her special way with words resonates with many at different points in their own lives.
Her greatest talent is to experience feelings and be precise in describing what that looks and feels like in her own poetic way. The latest album is perfect for a late summer or fall escape.
We put together our favorite inspirational Taylor Swift quotes that are insightful for love and relationships.
This post containsAmazon affiliate linksat no extra cost to you! Visit ourdisclosure policyhere for more information.
Taylor Swift quotes
Below are lyric excerpts from songs on Folklore
1. But I knew you’d linger like a tattoo kiss
I knew you’d haunt all of my what-ifs
The smell of smoke would hang around this long
‘Cause I knew everything when I was young
I knew I’d curse you for the longest time
Chasing shadows in the grocery line
I knew you’d miss me once the thrill expired
And you’d be standing in my front porch light
And I knew you’d come back to me
You’d come back to me
And you’d come back to me
And you’d come back
― Taylor Swift (Cardigan)
2. I think I’ve seen this film before
And I didn’t like the ending
You’re not my homeland anymore
So what am I defendin’ now?
You were my town
Now I’m in exile seein’ you out
I think I’ve seen this film before
– Taylor Swift (Exile)
3. Sweet tea in the summer
Cross your heart, won’t tell no other
And though I can’t recall your face
I still got love for you
Your braids like a pattern
Love you to the moon and to Saturn
Passed down like folk songs
The love lasts so long
– Taylor Swift (Seven)
4. Even on my worst day
Did I deserve, babe
All the hell you gave me?
‘Cause I loved you
I swear I loved you
Till my dying day
– Taylor Swift (My Tears Ricochet)
5. But I can see us
Lost in the memory
August slipped away into a moment in time
‘Cause it was never mine
And I can see us twisted in bedsheets
August sipped away
Like a bottle of wine
‘Cause you were never mine, mine
– Taylor Swift (August)
6. And I just wanted you to know
That this is me trying (Maybe I don’t quite know what to say)
I just wanted you to know
That this is me trying
At least I’m trying
– Taylor Swift (This is me trying)
7. And that’s the thing about illicit affairs
And clandestine meetings
And longing stares
It’s born from just one single glance
But it dies and it dies and it dies
…a million little times
– Taylor Swift (Illicit affairs)
Gave me the blues and then purple pink skies
And it’s cool
Baby with me
And isn’t it just so pretty to think
All along there was some
Tying you to me?
– Taylor Swift (Invisible string)
Taylor Swift quotes from songs
9. “Romeo save me, I’ve been feeling so alone. I keep waiting for you, but you never come. Is this in my head? I don’t know what to think.”― Taylor Swift
10. “Shake it Off”― Taylor Swift
11. “But I miss screamin’ and fightin’ and kissin’ in the rain and it’s 2 a.m. and I’m cursin’ your name. You’re so in love that you act insane, and that’s the way I loved you.”― Taylor Swift
12. “The way you walk, way you talk, way you say my name; it’s beautiful, wonderful, don’t you ever change.”― Taylor Swift
13. “I’m taking pictures in my mind so i can save them for a rainy day…”― Taylor Swift
14. “I could wait patiently, but I really wish you would:
Drop everything now, meet me in the pourin’ rain,
Kiss me on the sidewalk, take away the pain;
Cause I see sparks fly whenever you smile
Hit me with those green eyes, baby, as the lights go down,
Give me somethin’ that’ll haunt me when you’re not around;
Cause I see sparks fly whenever you . . . smile.”― Taylor Swift
More Taylor Swift quotes from songs
14. “And I’m dying to know, is it killing you like it’s killing me? And the story of us looks a lot like a tragedy now.”― Taylor Swift
15. “I’ve found time can heal most anything and you just might find who you’re supposed to be.”― Taylor Swift
16. “So It’s Gonna Be Forever or It’s Gonna Go Down In Flames
You Can Tell Me When It’s Over, If the High Was Worth the Pain.”― Taylor Swift
17. “I met you as a stranger. Now I have you as a friend. I hope we meet on our next walk of life where our friendship never ends.
I may not be the most important person in your life but I just hope that when you hear my name you smile and say that’s my friend!!!”― Taylor Swift
18. “The battle’s in your hands now, but I would lay my armor down, if you said you’d rather love than fight.”― Taylor Swift
19. “I took a chance, I took a shot
And you may think I’m bullet-proof, but I’m not. You took a swing, I took it hard. And down here from the ground I see who you are”― Taylor Swift
20. “This life’s sweeter than fiction.”― Taylor Swift
Taylor Swift quotes & lyrics
21. “And when someone apologizes to you enough times for things they’ll never stop doing, I think it’s fearless to stop believing them. It’s fearless to say “you’re not sorry” and walk away.― Taylor Swift
22. “Loving him was like driving a new Maserati down a dead end street; faster than the winds, passionate as sin, ending so suddenly.”― Taylor Swift
23. “Be yourself, chase your dreams, and just never say never. That’s the best advice I could ever give someone.”― Taylor Swift
24. “You have to be happy with who you are and the choices you make. If you don’t like yourself, you’ll never be truly happy.”― Taylor Swift
25. “So don’t you worry your pretty little mind, people throw rocks at things that shine, and life makes love look hard. The stakes are high, the water’s low, but this love is ours.”― Taylor Swift
More Taylor Swift quotes
26. “We should love, not fall in love, because everything that falls, gets broken.”― Taylor Swift
27. “You can’t have a better tomorrow, if you keep thinking about yesterday.”― Taylor Swift
28. “I haven’t had that one great love, which is good. I don’t want that to be in the past, I want it to be in the future.”― Taylor Swift
29. “Sparks Fly whenever you smile!”― Taylor Swift
30. “Never forget the essence of your spark!”― Taylor Swift
31. “I’m only me when I’m with you.”― Taylor Swift
32. “Giving up doesn’t always mean your weak sometimes your just strong enough to let go”― Taylor Swift
33. “Just because something is over doesn’t mean it wasn’t incredibly beautiful. Because another lesson I’ve learned is not all stories have a happy ending and you have to learn how to deal with that.”― Taylor Swift
34. “Be that strong girl that everyone knew would make it through the worst, be that fearless girl, the one who would dare to do anything, be that independent girl who didn’t need a man; be that girl who never backed down.”― Taylor Swift
35. “I think there’s something so attractive about mystery. There’s something so attractive about the chase. And the bad guy … bad boys know how to keep the chase going throughout an entire relationship because you never know if you completely have them or not. That’s why they’re so hard to get over.”― Taylor Swift
Inspirational Taylor Swift Quotes
36. “Guarding your heart and protecting your dignity are a little bit more important than clarifying the emotions of someone who’s only texting you back three words. I’ve learned that from trying to figure out people who don’t deserve to be figured out.”― Taylor Swift
37. “To me, Fearless is not the absence of fear. It’s not being completely unafraid. To me, Fearless is having fears. Fearless is having doubts. Lots of them. To me, Fearless is living in spite of those things that scare you to death.”― Taylor Swift
38. “I don’t know if you know who you are, until you lose who you are.”― Taylor Swift
39. “You are the only one who gets to decide what you will be remembered for.”― Taylor Swift
40. “Happiness isn’t a constant. You get fleeting glimpses. You have to fight for those moments, but they make it all worth it.”― Taylor Swift
41. “You have people come into your life shockingly and surprisingly. You have losses that you never thought you’d experience. You have rejection and you have to learn how to deal with that and how to get up the next day and go on with it.”― Taylor Swift
42. “Just be yourself, there is no one better.”― Taylor Swift
43. “The blame is on me…I knew you were trouble when you walked in..”― Taylor Swift
44. “We are never out of the woods, because we are always going to be fighting for something.”― Taylor Swift
45. “Sometimes the person you’d take a bullet for is the person behind the trigger.”― Taylor Swift
46. “People haven’t always been there for me but music always has.”― Taylor Swift
More inspirational quotes
47. “It’s not our job to make people like us if they don’t want to. It’s not our job to change people. That’s beyond our control. But what you CAN control is how you respond to it.”
― Taylor Swift
48. “No matter what happens in life, be good to people. Being good to people is a wonderful legacy to leave behind.”― Taylor Swift
49. “I don’t think you should wait. I think you should speak now.”― Taylor Swift
50. “There are two ways you can go with pain: You can let it destroy you or you can use it as fuel to drive you… ”― Taylor Swift
51. “It’s the most maddening, beautiful, magical, horrible, painful, wonderful joyous thing in the world, love”― Taylor Swift
52. “Say it to them. Or say it to yourself in the mirror. Say it in a letter you’ll never send or in a book millions might read someday. I think you deserve to look back on your life without a chorus of resounding voices saying ‘I could’ve, but it’s too late now.”― Taylor Swift
53. “I want to build a life with someone that’s based on their dreams as well as my dreams. I think that the idea of finding another person to share with is the most fascinating, beautiful quest you could ever be on in life.”― Taylor Swift
Best Taylor Swift quotes
54. “There are times when I’m caught up in everything and I have to say to myself, “Please feel good; please feel better; everything’s okay; you’re fine; things aren’t falling apart; take a second; get back to a place where you realize that you don’t actually have real problems.” That happens. You never know when those tables are gonna turn… For me, confidence is something that can come crashing down in one second.”― Taylor Swift
55. “Words can break someone into a million pieces, but they can also put them back together. I hope you use yours for good, because the only words you’ll regret more than the ones left unsaid are the ones you use to intentionally hurt someone.”― Taylor Swift
56. “Standing there at the stage door to the rest of your life. Time to dip your toe into the deep end. Try things. Say hi already. Laugh a lot. Mess up. Apologize. Mess up again. Hug people. Take chances. Trust yourself. Lose things. Get over it. Hold your friends close. Gather your strength. Gain wisdom and beautiful stories. Be brave, and you’ll have the time of your life.”― Taylor Swift
57. “In life and love, you learn that there comes a time to let go and move on.”― Taylor Swift
58. “Without your past, you could never have arrived-so wondrously and brutally, By design or some violent, exquisite happenstance…here.”― Taylor Swift
59. “In any relationship each person should support the other; they should lift the other up.”― Taylor Swift
60. “Everybody has that point in their life where you hit a crossroads and you’ve had a bunch of bad days and there’s different ways you can deal with it and the way I dealt with it was I just turned completely to music.”― Taylor Swift
More inspirational Taylor Swift quotes
61. “Never believe anyone who tells you that you don’t deserve what you want.”― Taylor Swift
62. “I’m intimidated by the fear of being average.”― Taylor Swift
63. “In the end, we only regret the chances we didn’t take.”― Taylor Swift
64. “Be like a snake. Be nice to everyone, unless someone steps on you.”― Taylor Swift
65. “But no matter what love throws at you, you have to believe in it. You have to believe in love stories and prince charmings and happily ever after. That’s why I write these songs. Because I think love is fearless.”― Taylor Swift
66. “My attitude has always been if you get better and you see success, that should motivate you to even work harder, so that’s kinda how I approach everything.”― Taylor Swift
67. “I think most of us fear reaching the end of our life, and looking back, regretting the moments we didn’t speak up. When we didn’t say “I love you.” When we should’ve said “I’m Sorry.” When we didn’t stand up for ourselves or some one who needed help.”― Taylor Swift
68. “Unique and different is the new generation of beautiful…You don’t have to be like everybody else. In fact I don’t think you should.”― Taylor Swift
69. “Happiness and confidence are the prettiest things you can wear”― Taylor Swift
70. “The world doesn’t owe you anything. You have to work for everything you get and you have to appreciate every bit of success the world gives you.”― Taylor Swift
71. “Love will find you when you least expect it.”― Taylor Swift
Conclusion Taylor Swift quotes
Who knows what will be created next, but we’re sure that it will be special.
Enjoy these Taylor Swift quotes and share with your friends or that special someone the way that she puts into words, what you are feeling. Cheers!
90 Soulmate Quotes about Loving your Best Friend
101 Uplifting Quotes to Help you Find Your Strength
What is the most unpopular Taylor Swift song? ›
- Big Machine | 2007. Santa Baby. ...
- Big Machine Records | 2017. End Game (feat. ...
- Taylor Swift | 2022. No Body, No Crime (feat. ...
- Big Machine Records | 2017. So It Goes. ...
- Universal Pictures | 2019. Macavity. ...
- Big Machine Records | 2014. Bad Blood. ...
- Big Machine Records | 2010. ...
- Taylor Swift | 2019.
|1||SHAKE IT OFF||2014|
|4||I KNEW YOU WERE TROUBLE||2012|
"Daylight" from Lover
In the emotional closing track for Lover, Swift sings about finding true love after all of her ups and downs. "I once believed love would be burning red," she sings, making a reference to her emotional album Red. "But it's golden / Like daylight."
- The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall. - ...
- The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing. - ...
- Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. ...
- If life were predictable it would cease to be life, and be without flavor. -
- “ May the Force be with you.” - Star Wars, 1977.
- “ There's no place like home.” - The Wizard of Oz, 1939.
- “ I'm the king of the world!” - ...
- “ Carpe diem. ...
- “ Elementary, my dear Watson.” - ...
- “ It's alive! ...
- “ My mama always said life was like a box of chocolates. ...
- “ I'll be back.” -
Taylor Swift reveals 'Midnights' track is one of her own 'favourite songs'What is the best song Taylor Swift has ever written? ›
According to a report from Billboard, Simon's induction included a video montage, where Swift appeared on-screen and said she considered “You're So Vain” to be “the best song that's ever been written.” She also added, “That is the best way anyone has addressed a breakup, it's amazing.”What was Taylor Swift first #1 song? ›
The lead single from Swift's fourth studio album Red (2012), "We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together", was her first number one in the United States and New Zealand. Another Red single, "I Knew You Were Trouble", became an international top-five chart hit.What are Taylor Swift fans called? ›
While fans are known as "Swifties," Taylor Swift nicknames come in a much larger variety.Who is Taylor Swift's best friend? ›
Swift was singing about her real-life best friend, Abigail Anderson.
How many #1 songs has Taylor Swift had? ›
In all, Swift has had nine songs reach No. 1 over the years, all of them since 2012.What is the number 1 love song of all time? ›
1. "I Will Always Love You" by Whitney Houston (1992)What was Taylor Swift's longest relationship? ›
That isn't the case for Swift and Alwyn, who have chosen to keep their relationship out of the limelight and just for them. The couple has been together for almost half a decade after first being linked in 2016, making it Swift's longest relationship yet.Who was Taylor Swift's first lover? ›
Lucas Till (March 2009-April 2009)What is the best quote for love? ›
- “Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.” – ...
- “You call it madness, but I call it love.” – ...
- “We can only learn to love by loving.” – ...
- “A life lived in love will never be dull.” – ...
- “Life is the flower for which love is the honey.” – ...
- “All you need is love.” – ...
- “True love stories never have endings.” –
- “You must be the change you wish to see in the world.” ...
- “Everybody is a genius. ...
- “A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.” ...
- “He who fears he will suffer, already suffers because he fears.”
- “I'll be there.”
- “I love you.”
- “Maybe you're right.”
- “I trust you.”
- “Go for it.”
- “Got your back.”
- “How are you?”
- “I want you.”
- “Just one small positive thought in the morning can change your whole day.” — ...
- “Opportunities don't happen, you create them.” — ...
- “Love your family, work super hard, live your passion.” — ...
- “It is never too late to be what you might have been.” —
Taylor Swift may have had some bad breakups, but Mars Bars have always been there for her.Which Taylor Swift song is dedicated to Harry Styles? ›
In an interview in 2015, Swift addressed the turbulence of her relationship with Styles when discussing the inspiration of “Out of the Woods.” “The number one feeling I felt in the whole relationship was anxiety,” she said. “Because it felt very fragile, it felt very tentative.
What song did Taylor write for Harry? ›
Taylor revealed her inspiration for "Clean" in a 2015 interview with Elle, explaining she wrote it while "walking out of Liberty in London." We will give you exactly one guess as to which of her ex-boyfriends she was photographed holdings hands with in London.Who has the greatest song of all time? ›
- Smells Like Teen Spirit - Nirvana.
- Imagine - John Lennon.
- One - U2.
- Billie Jean - Michael Jackson.
- Bohemian Rhapsody - Queen.
- Hey Jude - The Beatles.
- Like A Rolling Stone - Bob Dylan.
- I Can't Get No Satisfaction - Rolling Stones.
A Star's Melodic Signature: Melody: Taylor Swift—“You Belong with Me” | Switched On Pop: How Popular Music Works, and Why it Matters | Oxford Academic.How many boyfriends has Taylor Swift had? ›
Without including the ones who have not been confirmed to have been dating her, Taylor Swift has had 9 boyfriends.What is Taylor Swift's favorite color? ›
Although her album is titled Red, Taylor revealed on The Ellen DeGeneres Show that her favorite color is actually purple.How many cats does Taylor Swift have? ›
Taylor Swift Has Three Cats
Swift's three cats are named Meredith Grey, Olivia Benson and Benjamin Button. She named her first Scottish Fold cat after the main character, Meredith Grey (played by Ellen Pompeo), from hit medical drama Grey's Anatomy.
Noun. Swiftie (plural Swifties) (slang) A fan of American singer-songwriter and actress Taylor Swift. quotations ▼What does Billie Eilish call her fandom? ›
"Avocados" may not have to wait very long for new material, either — this week it was announced that Eilish would be performing the title track for the new James Bond movie, No Time to Die. She's making history as the youngest artist to sing a Bond theme song, which is a win for Avocados everywhere.How much is Taylor Swift worth? ›
Taylor Swift has an estimated net worth of $450 Million in the year 2023. She has built her million-dollar empire through music records and singing tours.Who did Taylor Swift have a private relationship with? ›
Since meeting in 2016, Taylor Swift and Joe Alwyn have become one of Hollywood's most private power couples. Despite her international fame and his roles in dozens of prestigious films, they've managed to keep their relationship completely under the radar.
Who was the best ex of Taylor Swift? ›
- 8 Lucas Till.
- 7 Conor Kennedy.
- 6 Calvin Harris.
- 5 Joe Jonas.
- 4 Taylor Lautner.
- 3 Jake Gyllenhaal.
- 2 Tom Hiddleston.
- 1 Harry Styles.
Pink isn't the only celeb who has met their celeb crush with the cameras rolling. Taylor Swift's first encounter with Justin Timberlake circa 2008 came courtesy of The Ellen DeGeneres Show—and she completely lost her chill!Is Taylor Swift a billionaire? ›
Swift is currently worth US$570 million ($824 million) according to Forbes, and estimations by Billboard say that she stands to gain about the same amount from the upcoming tour.Does Taylor Swift have more hits than the Beatles? ›
Now Swift has topped both the Beatles and Drake.What is the oldest Taylor Swift song? ›
"Tim McGraw" is the debut single by American singer-songwriter Taylor Swift, who wrote it with Liz Rose for her self-titled debut album. It was released to US country radio on June 19, 2006, by Big Machine Records.What song will make a man cry? ›
Sentimental R.E.M ballad Everybody Hurts has been voted the song most likely to make men cry. In a survey by songwriters and musicians group the Performing Right Society for Music, published online, the 1992 hit topped the list of men's top tear-jerkers, followed by Eric Clapton's Tears in Heaven at number two.What is the best song to say I love you? ›
- 1. “ I Will Always Love You” by Whitney Houston (1992) ...
- 2. “ I Will Always Love You” by Dolly Parton (1974) ...
- 3. “ A Sunday Kind of Love” by Etta James (1960) ...
- 4. “ Love Song” by Lana Del Rey (2019) ...
- 5. “ Some People Never Know” by Wings (1971) ...
- 6. “ ...
- 7. “ ...
- 8. “
- 'This Magic Moment' by the Drifters. ...
- 'Love Me Like You Do' by Ellie Goulding. ...
- 'Unchained Melody' by the Righteous Brothers. ...
- 'Slow Show' by the National. ...
- 'At Last' by Etta James. ...
- 'Let's Stay Together' by Al Green. ...
- 'God Only Knows' by the Beach Boys. ...
- 'Be My Baby' by the Ronettes.
What is Taylor Swift known for? Taylor Swift is an American pop and country music singer-songwriter. Five of her songs, including “Shake It Off” (2014), “Blank Space” (2014), and “Look What You Made Me Do” (2017), topped the Billboard Hot 100.What did Taylor Swift say in her speech? ›
“Never be ashamed of trying. Effortlessness is a myth. The people who wanted it the least were the ones I wanted to date and be friends with in high school. The people who want it most are the people I now hire to work for my company.”
What phrases has Taylor Swift copyrighted? ›
- All 48 Taylor Marks, A-Z.
- Taylor Swift.
- Taylor Swift Fearless.
- Speak Now.
- Party Like It's 1989.
Taylor Swift Says This 'Midnights' Track Is One of Her 'Favorite Songs' She's Ever Written.Is Taylor Swift billionaire? ›
Swift is currently worth US$570 million ($824 million) according to Forbes, and estimations by Billboard say that she stands to gain about the same amount from the upcoming tour.What did Harry Styles say to Taylor Swift? ›
In an interview on "The Howard Stern Show" in 2020, Styles complimented Swift, saying, "I think about what it means to me to write a song about somebody else and for somebody else to do that, it's like flattering, even if the song isn't that flattering, you still spent time on it and ultimately, using Taylor as an ...What is special about Taylor Swift's voice? ›
Taylor Swift is an extremely popular alto (AKA mezzo) singer that has a very impressive lower range and upper range for a pop star. She has a unique mix of rich dark notes and a bright upper range, which is why many people classify her as a light lyric soprano that has the capability of an alto.What did Taylor Swift say about cringe? ›
Recounting lessons from her 15-year long career, Swift said, “learn to live alongside cringe”. “No matter how hard you try to avoid being cringe, you will look back on your life and cringe retrospectively,” she told during the graduation ceremony that took place at the Yankee Stadium in New York City.